Music ministry has two sides... the ministry aspect and the business aspect. Beloved John Apewajoye. (BJ)

International Contemporary gospel Music Minister, Song Writer, Praise and Worship leader. BELOVED JOHN APEWAJOYE also known as BJ, he is one of the Nigeria leading gospel artist, his music journey started almost two decade ago as a choir member Living Faith Church AKA Winners Chapel. YOUR EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND It was really tough growing up because we had nothing but God saw me through it all I Was born in Jos, plateau State, Nigeria to the family of Samuel Oludaisi Apewajoye. I studied mass communication in University of Jos. YOUR CAREER AND LIFE I Started music from living faith Church Choir in Abuja in 1999, Then later joined an accapela group called Brian and the glad singers, in 2003/2004 I decided to go solo and to face my own music ministry, I released my first music album titled the Kingdom is the Lord's but the album made little impact because of lack of funds to push it forward. In 2006 I was offered a job with the federal government of Nigeria, which I took and that made me put my music ministry on hold for Seven years, While working with the government in Port Harcourt Rivers State, I joined House on The Rock Church and served in the Choir until 2013 when I finally resigned my job to follow my passion. I recorded my second album in 2012 while still working, after my resignation from my job, I relocated to South Africa to follow my dream which is to become an international music minister While in Southampton Africa I shot a music video from my music album titled "I Believe" and also successfully hosted my worship event title One Voice Worship Encounter “my vision is to host the event in every nation in the world... Came back to Nigeria late 2015 and has successfully hosted One Voice Worship Encounter in Abuja 2015 and in the city of Port Harcourt in 2016 I released a new single Title Ekele and Short and also released the music Video
What gives you inspiration? The Word of God and the Spirit of God inspires me to write and to sing. Sometimes I receive song inspiration in my dreams and sometimes I just hear a song from my spirit flowing Was music your childhood dream? As a child in loved music but wasn't sure it was what I was going to end up doing but I discovered music ministry as my calling and it became my passion when I gave my life to Christ in 1998 and that moment I was led to join the Church Choir. That was how it began EXPERIENCE IN THE INDUSTRY Well I see myself as a music Minister so I don't see it in the light of industry but Kingdom service... all the same every challenges in have faced, has really made me a better person.. CHALLENGES Wow too many! Ranging from lack of funds or support from, even Church folks but I have come to believe that all things works together for good! I also believe that God who called me will make a way and He has been faithful How lucrative is the music ministry? Lucrative? Music ministry has two sides... the ministry aspect and the business aspect and you must really know how to balance it or else you won't have money to record or even take care of your personal needs but God always blessed those who serve him faithfully. MENTORS? In Music I listen to a lot of people, Dietrick Haddon, Fred Hammond, out music Word Pastor Paul Adefarasin, Bishop David Oyedepo and Pastor Chris Where do you see your brand in the next five years? In the next Five years I should be all over the World. Loi, that's my vision... What project are you working on currently? I will be leaving for Kenya on 13th of February four a tour that really is what we are working on at the moment and international collaborations will also be coming in too.

Comments